As we get closer to the 2013 Chevron Houston Marathon Race Weekend (we’re just 60 days away!), let’s take a look at 13 of the best benefits provided to the runners at this year’s Race Weekend. Here they are in no particular order:
- Weather – The average start-time temperature is 45 degrees, while the average temperature at the finish is 60.
- Hot Breakfast – Marathon and half marathon runners will receive a food ticket on their bib and will be able to exchange that ticket for a delicious breakfast in the H-E-B Food Court. Breakfast includes eggs, sausage, hash browns, bagels, muffins, cookies, bananas, yogurt, coffee, hot chocolate, sodas and water.
- Boston Qualifier – Both gun and chip time results are sent to the Boston Athletic Association which accepts chip time as a qualifying time.
- Course – The Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon are run on flat, fast courses, great for setting personal bests.
- Pace team – A pace team with goal finish times from three to six hours are led by the Houston Marathon Veterans and is free to join.
- Houston Double – All runners who participate in the 2013 ABB 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon will get THREE finisher medals.
- Goodies – All registered participants will receive a participation T-shirt at packet pick-up. All official marathon and half marathon finishers will receive a finisher shirt and a medal.
- Crowd support – More than 200,000 supporters and spectators cheer on the runners on race day. From rock bands and belly dancers to marching bands, radio stations and bag pipers, a multitude of Hoopla brigadiers line the course to entertain and cheer on the runners to the finish.
- Start/finish line – The start/finish line area is in the same space, making it very convenient for runners, friends and family alike.
- We Are Houston RunFest – Located in Jones Lawn at Discovery Green, this festive atmosphere is a great place to meet up with friends and family, hang out and relax after the race.
- EXPO – The 2013 Ironman Sports Medicine Institute at Memorial Hermann EXPO features vendors from all over the nation who will showcase the latest in running gear, health & fitness products, clothing, and more. This Texas-sized EXPO is sure have something for everyone.
- Charity – The Chevron Houston Marathon’s Run for a Reason charity program links thousands of runners with participating nonprofits and provides a platform for charities to raise awareness and funds as well as educate others about their cause.
- Green Initiative – The Houston Marathon Committee is committed to reducing our environmental footprint and we are always looking for new ways to expand our green initiatives.