With thirty days left until race day, we’re taking a look at how race participants and spectators can utilize technology on Chevron Houston Marathon Race Weekend.
- Twitter – Follow us at @houstonmarathon hashtag #houmarathon
- Facebook – Chevron Houston Marathon
- Houston Marathon mobile app – available on Apple and Android – HOU 26.2 (click the link or search Houston Marathon in your app store, updates coming soon!). You can sign up in the mobile app to have your split results pushed to facebook and twitter as you go!
- Bring your confirmation email on your mobile device to packet pick-up and have the barcode scanned right from your device
- Verizon Athlete Tracking – Available in Hall C, friends and family will be able to use this station to track their runners and see if they have finished
- Live searchable results and map tracking at www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com
- You can wear a GPS watch while running the race to keep track of your splits as you go
- Heart rate monitors and pedometers can keep you on track during the race
- You can scan the QR codes on your bib once you have finished the race to get your results
- Instagram your photos from race weekend with the hashtag #houmarathon and follow us at @chevronhoustonmarathon
- Verizon Athlete Alerts – friends and family can sign up at www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com for real-time mobile alerts sent to your email or mobile device. You can sign up ahead of time or at EXPO
- You can use Yelp!* to find restaurant reviews of where they want to eat/celebrate once you leave We Are Houston RunFest
- The day after the race, online voting will be available to vote for your favorite HOOPLA station